How to pre-validate your online bank account for an income tax refund?
Steps to check if your bank account is already pre-validated or not
By following the steps below, you can easily check if your bank account
- Visit https: // www. Incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal and click “Login” to log into your account.
- In the “Login” section, enter your PAN (permanent account number), Aadhaar number or other user ID only for accountant, tax deductor and collector, e-Return intermediary, TIN 2.0 stakeholders, external agency , ITDREIN, ARCA (authorized representative chartered accountant) followed by a 6-digit number.
- Click on “Continue” and you will be logged into your account where you will have to go to the “My profile” section, then select the “My bank account” option.
- You will now get a list of your added bank accounts that are already pre-validated. From the list of bank accounts, you can select an account of your choice to obtain an income tax refund by clicking “Nominate for refund”.
Steps to pre-validate your bank account
Follow the steps listed below in case you want to pre-validate a bank account or add a new bank account to get an income tax refund.
- Visit https: // www. Incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal and log into your account.
- Once logged into your account, click on the “My profile” section and select the “My bank account” option.
- Now click on “Add Bank Account” and enter the required and mandatory bank account information such as bank account number, account type, account holder type, IFSC code, bank name and branch.
- Now click on “Validate” and after the information provided has been correctly verified, your bank account will be validated successfully and added to the list of your added bank accounts.
- Now select your newly added account and click âNominate for Refundâ to receive an income tax refund.
Steps to Check Tax Refund Status Online
After you file your income tax return (ITR) for a given fiscal year, if you paid more tax than your overall tax owed, you may be entitled to an income tax refund. However, you will not get your income tax refund until it has been processed and verified by the income tax department. As we mentioned above, an income tax refund is directly credited to your bank account, you need to verify that you entered the correct bank account number and the IFSC. After submitting an income tax refund request, you can check the refund status on the new income tax portal by following the steps below.
- Visit https: // www. Incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal and log into your account using the required credentials like PAN, Aadhaar, etc.
- After logging into your account, click on the “e-file” option and select the “Income tax returns” option.
- You should now click on âView Filed Returnsâ and you can now check your filed returns up to date.
- Against your last filed ITR, click on “View details” and you will get all the details of your income tax refund such as payment method, refund amount, date of customs clearance, etc.